- Season pork chopson both sides with the poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. (Make sure that pork chops are dry).
- Heat the KochCookware Cast Iron Skillet over Medium heat and add olive oil. When the oil is hot; fry the pork chops, until they turn golden brown (3-4 minutes will be enough for a side).
- Pour off the excess oil and place the pan back on the stove over medium heat. Add the butter and the onions and salt
- Sauté for about 10 minutes, or until the onions are well-browned. The onions need to caramelizefor the best results.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for half minute.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, buttermilk, and water. As the mixture comes to a simmer
- Let the onion gravy gently simmer for 15 minutes. Add a splash of water if it seems to be getting too thick.
- Add the pork chops and any juices back into the pan and coat with the gravy. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145F.
- Serve over rice and garnish with parsley if you desire.